Welcome

I got the idea for this new blog at the end of the week of New Wine, a Christian festival in Somerset, in August 2011. You might guess from my profile that, although not entirely house-bound, I don't very often get out, and it occurred to me that I might try to create a blog to encourage in our faith people like me whose lives are limited in one way or another. I'm hoping that readers will feel able to contribute their own positive ideas. I'm not sure how it will work, but here goes...!
Teach me, my God and King, in all things Thee to see...
A man that looks on glass,
On it may stay his eye,
Or, if he pleaseth, through it pass
And then the heaven espy.

George Herbert (1593-1633)

Friday 2 September 2011

Simplicity





An eighteenth-century priest once asked an aged peasant what he was doing during the hours he spent sitting in the chapel. The old man replied, "I look at Him, He looks at me, and we are happy." [Anthony BloomBeginning to Pray]

No comments: