Welcome

I got the idea for this new blog at the end of the week of New Wine, a Christian festival in Somerset, in August 2011. You might guess from my profile that, although not entirely house-bound, I don't very often get out, and it occurred to me that I might try to create a blog to encourage in our faith people like me whose lives are limited in one way or another. I'm hoping that readers will feel able to contribute their own positive ideas. I'm not sure how it will work, but here goes...!
Teach me, my God and King, in all things Thee to see...
A man that looks on glass,
On it may stay his eye,
Or, if he pleaseth, through it pass
And then the heaven espy.

George Herbert (1593-1633)

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Cracking up

Martin Wenham, The Tenth Beatitude
Thanks to Sister Catherine Wybourne of the iBenedictines I came across Martin Wenham, who as far as I know is no relation. He is an artist/craftsman who uses lettering in wood, who's exhibiting in Uppingham. Here's the link: Martin Wenham: a private view.

I particularly liked this one. Sadly it's sold. Those who know me will see why I like it!

"Blessed are the cracked,
for they shall let in the light."

Don't worry if you're cracking up....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful. Everyone who looks at this will, thanks to Martin Wenham and his unique talent and perceptiveness, be 'letting in the light'. That is, unless there is anyone out there who isn't cracked. Cracks appear in so many different forms!
Thank-you for this wonderful portrayal of Martin Wenham's work.

Anonymous said...

• 'Always, wherever, whatever, however,
When I am able to resist
For once the constant pressure of failure to exist,
Let me remember
That truly to be man is to be man aware of Thee
And unafraid to be. So help me God.'
(David Gascoyne, 'Fragments towards a religio poetae'
This lovely 'fragment' quoted on the internet from David Adam's "Tides and Seasons" seems to highlight that 'letting in light' through our human flaws is indeed a blessing of which we are often unaware .

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.