Welcome

I got the idea for this new blog at the end of the week of New Wine, a Christian festival in Somerset, in August 2011. You might guess from my profile that, although not entirely house-bound, I don't very often get out, and it occurred to me that I might try to create a blog to encourage in our faith people like me whose lives are limited in one way or another. I'm hoping that readers will feel able to contribute their own positive ideas. I'm not sure how it will work, but here goes...!
Teach me, my God and King, in all things Thee to see...
A man that looks on glass,
On it may stay his eye,
Or, if he pleaseth, through it pass
And then the heaven espy.

George Herbert (1593-1633)

Monday 11 March 2013

Difficult to believe

A week ago today, it was warm and sunny. We went to an MNDA meeting at Katharine House Hospice, in Adderbury, north of Oxford. It's a peaceful place, set on the edge of the town. While there, we wandered down to the simple chapel. Jane showed me a card there. It read:
"I believe in the sun even when it is not shining.
I believe in love even when I cannot feel it.
I believe in God even when he's silent.
Written on a wall in Cologne, by a Jewish prisoner of war". Somewhere I read it was found scrawled on a cellar wall where Jews had hidden in World War 2. Anyway, I liked it. Today it's overcast and freezing, difficult to believe the crocuses were fully open in the sun a week ago! But they were!

A new website was launched on Sunday, by an American hospice chaplain named Alice Tremaine. It's called "Prayers for Health, Spiritual resources for health and wellness". It's both beautiful, and positive, and helpful - and somewhere there's a link to this blog. I would recommend it anyway!

1 comment:

Alice said...

Thank you for sharing the website! And also thank you for sharing the beautiful words you found in the chapel.
Alice at http://prayersforhealth.com